Part IV: Joy That Defeats Worry: Principle #20: Let People Help You
Memory Verse:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
--Philippians 4:6-7
On the other hand, I am not great at asking for help, I'd rather struggle. Until the last 4 or so years, I felt asking for help was a sign of weakness. But someone offering help, is a sign of strength "on the askers" part. I know...I know...strange right??
JOURNAL
How can you put yourself in a place of need today? At the end of the day, take some time to journal your thoughts. How did this experience make you feel? How do you think the giver felt about the experience?
Instead of offering up help, I will pray for this--as this is something I'm quite new at. Yes, I ask for prayers all of the time for myself, for my family and friends. But, I too, need help.
Part of me, wants to ask for help in my weight loss journey again, for like the hundredth time. If you read early posts of this blog ,you will see it has been THE struggle of my life.
I was able to give up entire vices, addictions, etc. for the glory of God. The one habit I can't and haven't been able to give up is my relationship with food and exercise. I despise these two things, I mean I LOOOOOOOVE food, I love carbs, I love sweets. I hate to exercise. How can I use this challenge to ask for help.
I'm going to pray for this.
Stay tuned!

Comments
Post a Comment