Part IV: Joy That Defeats Worry: Principle #16: Seek Reconciliation in Your Relationships
Memory Verse:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
--Philippians 4:6-7
I took the day off yesterday (June 11, 2024) to spend time away from work - plans fell through with going to the pool with my sister and after eating Ramen with my son, we were both FULL. I decided to catch up on some reading. I read this principle and I got kinda excited. Ok, no. I was REALLY excited.
I have changed so much after the past few years--for the better. I no longer identify myself with what I do, but whose I am. I am a Christian, daughter of the King, sister to many Christians. I can only pray that God is as happy with my life nowadays as I am content. I am not perfect, by no means---He's not finished with me yet.
In reading the challenge for this principle, I knew EXACTLY who I needed to reconcile with. I needed to ask for forgiveness from a dear friend I hurt many years ago. I haven't talked to her in almost 14 years---I was a much different (for the worse) person. At the time, I thought I was doing a favor, but to much to my surprise, I mettled in something I had no business in. I finally felt, it was time for us to talk, so I could finally ask for forgiveness.
JOURNAL
Take inventory.
Is there any relationship in your life that needs to be
reconciled? Write down the name or names of the people
you need to reconcile with.
God knows who she is.
Pray
Take your first step toward reconciliation. It could be
a phone call, a letter, or perhaps tuning up your riding
mower for a personal visit.
If all relationships are healthy, be the true champion Paul
talked about.
This broke my heart---I mean, I sat there for a hot second and was baffled this friend, my very first friend when I moved to Kansas City STILL wanted nothing to do with me.
In your journal, identify who the people are, ask God to
help you, and then identify your first
step and do it.
Warning: this is not for the faint of heart. But it is the right
thing to do. You may fail, but you will have proven to be a
good friend or brother or sister.
So there it is, in black and white: I would prefer not to.
In closing, I decided to block her on social media (for my own sake), because like a crazy person, I would visit her social media to see how her family was doing.
I finally laid to rest this relationship.

Comments
Post a Comment