Part II: Joy Despite People: Principle #7: Elevate Others Above Yourself
Memory Verse:
Therefore, if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.
Philippians 2:1-2
I think it was in our A2 Group or maybe it was church:
JOY: Jesus - Others - Yourself
We must put into practice listening and not listening to just respond. Talk to people and ask them about their situation.
Be mindful not to switch to your story in the middle
The other challenge is find at least two occasions to say out loud, "I don't know...what do you think?"
I totally did this, this week! Listening intently is important to do--sometimes I feel like I listen enough to form a response. I need to get comfortable with silence and let everyone have thier moment--plus, you make friends that way. You build trust that way.
I haven't done this yet - will let you know how it goes!
Comments
Post a Comment