Part I: Joy Despite Your Circumstances: Principle #1: Recall Happy Memories
The Memory Verse for this Week is:
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Phillipians 1:21
But first, let me tell you what I've been up to!
- In 2020, COVID-19 hit.
- Kids and I both attend school and work from home
- I'm still working from home.
- In 2021
- I was diagnosed with Epilepsy, forced to make a life-changing decision
- Stepped away from Human Resources
- Worked through a ton of personal and emotional baggage
- Bailey graduated High School
- Bailey attended college
- Bailey gets a boyfriend
- Caleb enters Middle School
- I gain like 50-ish pounds.
- No worries at all - my hubs still loves me any way - I do have a great husband!
- 2022-23
- Difficult years, however, started attending off and on Westside Family Church
- Learned to NOT to identify myself with what I do. It's a job--it no longer defines me.
- 2023 started working in Compliance (still with CB)
- 2023 - I took a hold of my faith, reconnected with Jesus and now attend full-time and help moderate a small group on Monday nights
- January 2024- May 2024
- Made the relationship official with Westside and became a member!
- I still attend church (probably the longest I've ever been part of something)
- Made wonderful lifelong friends with my church A2 group.
Ok, I think I caught everyone up on my life (at least the important "make me happy parts".
The Joy Challenge for this week was to have a Gratitude Visit:
Pretty much write a gratitude letter (300 words or less) to the Phillipians in my life.
Have I done it, not in a direct sense, however the A2 group I belong to this week was spot on being grateful for each other and our group/community! They certainly are a blessing in my life.
In all, I am a much happier, content person in my life and I so hope the love of Christ can be felt and seen in me.
I'm a little behind, but will catch up soon!
Have I done it, not in a direct sense, however the A2 group I belong to this week was spot on being grateful for each other and our group/community! They certainly are a blessing in my life.
In all, I am a much happier, content person in my life and I so hope the love of Christ can be felt and seen in me.
I'm a little behind, but will catch up soon!
Comments
Post a Comment