ROOTED WEEK 2: Who is God?

ROOTED: Connecting with God, The Church, Your Purpose

Weekly Memory Verse:

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives live has set you free from the law of sin and death.I

Romans 8:1-2

Day 1: The Mysterious God

  • What false or incomplete images of God do you have?

    I used to only talk to the Father
    I didn't know the purpose of the Holy Spirit
    Jesus to me, felt more like an "uncle" than a King--I only knew/saw Him on Christmas and easter.

  • What new thoughts do you have about God?

    I am reminded I will not know Him 100% (but He knows me 100%, lol)
    Jesus: IS "the Word" of Genesis 1 and John 1
    Before the beginning, He already WAS!
    Nothing other than the Word of God will make us more humble and at the same time, enlarge our intellect.

  • Write a prayer to god asking Him to reveal Himself to you.

    Father, I walk as if I know and trust You daily.  We both know the truth. I want to practice giving You PRAISE for everything you have worked out in my life.
        Father, the Sovereign God, I wan to know You better, I am not meant to know                    everything, but I ask that you providie me the wisdom and words to use in situations.             Please reveal Yourself to me.

        Let my roots "take" and not keep withering away as you have explained to us in Matthew         13:6
        In Your Heavenly Name, I pray,
        Amen!

Day 2: The World God Made
  • What do you learn about God from the creation story?
  • What questions does this account raise for you?
  • How does creation declare the glory of God to you?
  • Write a prayer expressing your thoughts on creation to God
Day 3: The Crown of God's Work
  • How do you see God's love and care for you?
  • How does it make you feel to know God has given us the job of caring for the earth?
  • How do you respond to the idea that God wants a relationship with you?
  • How have you seen this played out?
  • Write a prayer expressing your thoughts about God's complete creation and your role in it.  What are you grateful for? What are you sorry for? What are you in awe of when look at His works?
Day 4: What Went Wrong
  • Where do you see the consequences of human rebellion in our world? in your own life?
  • What kind of death have you experienced because of your sin?
  • Talk to God about the pain you've encountered, or the pain you have caused due to your sin.  Thank Him for allowing you to come to Him in complete transparency, knowing He loves you and wants to restore you.
Day 5: The Best News Ever
  • Is the way of salvation, as it is explained in this chapter, what you have previously thought? If not, how is it different?
  • Have you accepted Jesus as your Savior and Lord? If yes, how has that changed you? If you haven't, what is keeping you from doing it now?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please can I keep this going?

2026.04.19 Sermon Notes: Why Is Jesus The Only Way?

Doing the Happy Dance!