I stopped myself.

I know I'm on the right track.  I no longer crave sugar.  I no longer crave THAT cheeseburger.  Wow--what a great feeling.

Today, since the pork chops were not thawed, I told my husband the words that I haven't mumbled in almost a month "go get something to eat".  He asked where and I told him Wendy's.  I then had a chance to say "I want nuggets and fries, large pop".  You know what I told him--small chili, no crackers.  I added fat free sour cream and just a sprinkle of fat free shredded cheddar cheese--and amazingly enough, I was full.  I stopped myself from making a HUGE mistake.  It is two days away from weigh in.  I can do this!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I dont' know that I would have the will power to do what dieters do. Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth - I just hope this isn't another 'diet' rather than a change for good - I'm proud of my husband too - in a little over a week, he's lost like 11 lbs...so, I think if we just keep it up, it should stick....only time will tell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to get to the point where I could say no to stuff like that. It takes a lot of nerve and self control but it pays off in the end! Really interesting blog btw.
    B
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your Weigh-in and don't you just love the new program. Thanks for your comments on my blog these last few days. Way to go on the Chili from Wendy's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Debbie, your blog is amazing - hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please can I keep this going?

2026.04.19 Sermon Notes: Why Is Jesus The Only Way?

Doing the Happy Dance!