You're never really a parent until you have more than 1....
I never believed this until today. My little 7 year old a complete meltdown after school today and jjust threw on heckuva temper tantrum, which in turn, woke up our new addition oh and did I mention that Ron was sleeping because he has to work tonight.
Then it hit me, I can't lose control. I handled it well
I sent Bailey to her room, calmed Caleb down and fed him. Once I was done with his needs, I layed him down and then visited Bailey in her room. We sat and talked for a little while as to what in the world started this episode. Bailey does have her hyper days, but never a mean tantrum. I let her talk, explained to her that I loved her so much and that if she needs anything, I'm there. She proceeded to tell me that she missed a couple words on her spelling test and that everyone else got 100%. She was upset and embarrased and now her homework was to write the words missed 10 times.
As her punishment, I took away her 'DS' and she missed her TV time for the remainder of the week. Bailey agreed with this punishment, did her homework and went to bed.
So I know it's not THAT big of a deal, but when I'm only used to dealing with one set of tears at a time, I'm doing great! Did I mention that the happy pills work wonders too :-)
Then it hit me, I can't lose control. I handled it well
I sent Bailey to her room, calmed Caleb down and fed him. Once I was done with his needs, I layed him down and then visited Bailey in her room. We sat and talked for a little while as to what in the world started this episode. Bailey does have her hyper days, but never a mean tantrum. I let her talk, explained to her that I loved her so much and that if she needs anything, I'm there. She proceeded to tell me that she missed a couple words on her spelling test and that everyone else got 100%. She was upset and embarrased and now her homework was to write the words missed 10 times.
As her punishment, I took away her 'DS' and she missed her TV time for the remainder of the week. Bailey agreed with this punishment, did her homework and went to bed.
So I know it's not THAT big of a deal, but when I'm only used to dealing with one set of tears at a time, I'm doing great! Did I mention that the happy pills work wonders too :-)
Good job Mommy.. That was the perfect way to hand that.. I hope Im just as strong with my lil man and lil girl when they get like that..
ReplyDeleteGood job Mommy.. That was the perfect way to hand that.. I hope Im just as strong with my lil man and lil girl when they get like that..
ReplyDeleteI never knew in a million years I would have two kids--it definitely is a balancing act - between being a mommy, wife, friend, etc.
ReplyDelete