I know it's late...

To my little son:

Well your dad and I came to visit you this afternoon as the weather is still frigid outside.  We learned today that your reflux is indeed bad, so they switched your medication from zantac to prevacid.  As I was feeding you, you seemed so uncomfortable, you wimpered throughout the whole thing--definitely broke my heart.

Dr. Mellick did state that the prevacid should do the trick.  She plans to do look at your esophagus when your reflux gets better to ensure there is no damage.

So we heard the news that you will not be coming home anytime soon, so being your sissy's birthday present next week is not an option.  It breaks my heart each time I have to tell her you're not coming home.  I'm so proud of you both, really.  I know now you both love eachother very much.  Bailey asks about you daily and even includes you in her nighly prayers.

I'm sorry for just being downright childish, hun, really.  I'm so thankful that time is the only thing working against us.  Today, you weighed 5 lbs. 15 oz.  You're almost to 6 lbs.!  You're a healthy little boy, mommy just needs to be patient and continue to pray for you.  I'm sorry for almost tearing up today when they told me that they aren't sure when you are coming home.  It's hard walking past your nursery with you not home, it's hard being home daily, w/o you to hold and talk to.  Darn it Caleb, you're mommy is going nuts without you.

I'm going to go ahead and play with your sister for a bit and then we're going to sit down and watch a movie--look out, when you're home, I'm sure you and I will both have our little movie nights, etc.  Like Nana said to me on my birthday..."you will look back on this and see it as just a bump in the road"...and I need to practice what I preach cuz "Please be patient...God isn't finished with YOU yet".

Good night my sweet Caleb.  Mommy loves you.

See you tomorrow :-)

Comments

  1. That is so sweet Kelly. Parker suffered from reflux too and ended up prevacid so I feel what he is going through right now. I pray that he gets better. Remember he will be home soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please can I keep this going?

2026.04.19 Sermon Notes: Why Is Jesus The Only Way?

Doing the Happy Dance!