My dearest Caleb...
You were a mere 4 lbs. 9 oz. and today you are 5 lbs. 9 oz.! How awesome is that!!
Your dad and I do spend a lot of time here in the NICU at Overland Park Regional. You have grown up a lot since almost 4 weeks of being here--believe you me you have :-). We have finally brought up clothes for 0-3 months as you have finally grown out of your 'preemie' clothes.
Right now, you keep having bradys spontaneously...which means that your heart rate likes to drop below 100. Lately you are not able to pick it up yourself, you need your nurses help...Dr. Blum and his associates think it's all because you're just a immature...I think it's because you have all of these cute nurses looking after you :-).
Another issue, that I'm having, besides missing you dearly is getting you milk. Honey, since Christmas, my milk supply is somewhat down. I did talk with a lactation consultant yesterday and I'm gonna work real hard on getting it back. Your dad keeps thinking you are having issues because you hate enfamil, which I wouldn't blame you, I'd hate it too :-)
So, just now, Dr. Blum came in and said you are looking great, just need to mature a bit...you're so close to coming home, just need to get your ducks in a row :-)
Your big sis Bailey is really excited to meet you! She went back to school today after Christmas break and right now is looking forward to turning 7 years old next week (maybe you can be a surprise for her for her birthday? Let me know if you want to surprise her--I'll see what I can do :-)
Well sweety, I will let you go for now--keep up the great work honey, we are really looking forward to you coming home.
Take care and know mommy loves you sooo much!

Comments
Post a Comment