2026.09.13 Sermon: Jesus Is The (ONE)
Westside Family Church
Jesus Is The (ONE)Pastor: Jonathan Hansen
Notes:
Love Jesus.
Become like Jesus.
Share Jesus.
(God) wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone.
1 Timothy 2:4-6
For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes…
Romans 1:16
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
Titus 2:11
Notes:
POINT 1: JESUS IS THE ONE
When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”
“Well,” they replied, “some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets.”
Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being. Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.”
Matthew 16:13-19
The most dangerous answers about Jesus are the ones that are almost right.
Jesus is not one of many; He is the ONE above all.
Notes:
POINT 2: JESUS IS BUILDING HIS CHURCH
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being. Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church."
When Christ is our confession, Jesus becomes our builder. Jesus is building His church wherever HE REMAINS THE CENTRAL FOCUS. Wherever his name is lifted up.
"I. WILL. BUILD. MY. CHURCH."
Notes:
I came to be a sacrifice for the entire world. Peter, you don't even understand why I'm here yet.
Matthew 16:21
JOHN 12:32 <--read.
POINT 3: WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE KEYS
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Matthew 16:19
Friends, The church is not a cruise ship for consumers; it is an aircraft carrier for the mission of God.
Notes:
IT'S NOT ABOUT US!
Comments
Post a Comment