Weekly Reflection 9.0
“Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave—just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Matthew 20:26–28)
I did not always grow up as a Christian. I did not seek Jesus until I was 24. I wasn't in a leadership role at all (work-wise). My husband and I soon became in charge of a small youth group. THAT is where I started serving. I served not only my Savior but the kids I worked for. This set the stage for how I would view leadership later in life.
For the past year or so, I have struggled with getting back to church and be a servant there. This week, it has been nagging on my heart to go back to church. They are looking for volunteers in the nursery and I believe I want to do that, because if I'm engaged at church, I may find my way back to the congregation.
I know this post is going waaaaay out of left field--but this is what I needed to write about this week. Today, was the first day I called in sick to work in a very long time. I started the week with a bad cough and today I ran a slight fever. Was God making me "slow down" and take time for myself? Absolutely. There is a huge reason I was to dive into Servant Leadership this week. Thank you!
In addition to writing in my blog this week, I asked my co-workers how they viewed my leadership.
I asked a Peer and a Follower (or someone that reports directly to me).
Here are the results of those two surveys and I am pleased that I will continue to be a Servant Leader.
With me struggling to get back to my church home, it's no wonder I scored lowest in: Creating value for the community and Putting Followers First.
This week was definitely God tapping me on the shoulder, knocking at my door, wanting to welcome me back home.
Comments
Post a Comment