This God-thing is the real-deal...

Just 4 more days and I will be on vacation---vacation from my life here---serving God there. This is my first year back in service after a long time. God has lead me to a wonderful church, with awesome followers and now it's come full circle. 

This is MY testimony. I became a Christian in 2004. My husband and I became youth workers. We were on fire for God! However, that is where our growing stopped. We were forever youth leaders and immature Christians. We had horrible problems that lead me on a long, bumpy dark road. We were so close to divorce. I mean VERY close. 

We ended up stop going to church for a long time. It was then, things got REAL. Our life was TRUE chaos. At that time, we were invited to a new church. It was Easter of 2012. We were hesitant, I guess a little gun-shy...Over the year, we were just a family attending church. We volunteered our time, but that was it. We were able to grow again. We were able trust again. We made friends with people who genuinely cared. Could this be real??

I was able to leave my job going into this summer blind. I needed to stay home and get to know my kids all over again. I don't know how we were going to do, I still don't know how we are doing it, but it's happening.

After many years of thinking I was not Christian enough to ever teach again, God made it happen.

I'm telling you people---this God-thing is the real deal. If you remain faithful, things will happen. I'm not talking about "your life will never have problems" kinda change--it's the kind of change you strive for. It's contentment, it's peace. It happens. It continues to happen. 

I never thought I would be ready to serve him again. He lead the way. He made the way. 

I am still the same Kelly you all know. That won't change  my attitude HAS changed.

I continue to struggle. I still have problems that I pray daily. I don't have all the answers, but what I do have is hope--and that my friend is good enough for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please can I keep this going?

2026.04.19 Sermon Notes: Why Is Jesus The Only Way?

Doing the Happy Dance!