As the Twig is Bent--so grows the tree

So the time is here--today is the first day of 'camp'.  I haven't left yet.  Sitting on my computer (writing this blog--not to mention, on hold for the IRS--fun, huh?)

Today, I am at peace.  I continue to be in this state of mind all week--I pray my husband and I can get through this little rough patch (we have been arguing a lot--I'm supposed to take full blame, cuz I think that is what he wants me to do).  I suppose I am sorry, but sometimes the boy annoys the heck out of me.  So again, I am at peace (need to remember this, all day--every day)

My goal this week is to show God what he has done to me lately (although he already knows).  I am so happy and content--content is a word I think I rarely used.  It's an amazing feeling.  I can't describe it--but even amidst of this contentment, I still struggle with my relationship with my husband.

Divorce has crossed my mind.  I feel that maybe this relationship has run it's course and maybe my new found faith (re-discovered faith) rather is not something he can expect.  He keeps saying 'if only THEY knew the real you'.  My thought 'they do know the real me--I'm happy when I am around other people...not so much around him'.  This is my prayer. 

I know I've got this class down 'pat'.  I have prayed daily to ensure that God gave me the wisdom and knowledge to teach this class of kids about King David.  I also pray that they come away from it with at least half of what I did.  I'm teaching 5th and 6th grade (not to mention, my daughter will be in my class--let's hope I don't embarrass her).  What I learned most about King David, no matter how powerful you are or how faithful you are to God, you too, can fall from Grace--the best part--God is STILL THERE. 

This song has really left a mark on my heart.  It is beautiful and explains EVERYTHING.



So maybe that is what I need to take away from this.  I need closure God, not in the sense of divorce.  I just need my faithful life, my personal life and the life the outside world to be all in harmony.  That is my prayer for today. 

I am all bent in all sorts of ways--but I am still growing--that is an amazing thing.  Now matter how crippled my life is, I am still growing closer to God.

I will continue to write about my week--as I want EVERYONE to feel this sense of peace.  I want everyone to know the person you know is the person I am when I'm home, when I'm at church, when I'm at the store, when I was working.  I am Kelly Oldridge--this is my story.


My husband and I--the way we need to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please can I keep this going?

2026.04.19 Sermon Notes: Why Is Jesus The Only Way?

Doing the Happy Dance!