When one door closes...

I truly never really BELIEVED this statement until Tuesday of this week--after 4.5 years of service, my position at my job is being eliminated (eff. June 30, 2011). 2 days ago - I was a basket case, but now not so much.

When I went home Tuesday afternoon to discuss things with my husband. He first told me, everything was going to be ok. That's what I needed to hear. Over the next day, we really, literally prayed about it. We have decided that our finances aren't GREAT, however, I will be a stay at home mom throughout the summer. Also--I plan to finally pursue my degree in Health Information Management.

This is not a set in stone plan, but it does have my nerves calm a bit...

I never thought in a million years I would depend on my husband as much as I have been the past couple of days--I am finally just going to put it out there--I am very proud of him, proud of him for stepping up and telling me it's going to be ok. Stepping up and telling me we will be fine.

Sometimes, that's all a wife needs to hear--it's going to be ok and we will be fine. So many times, do I reassure our kids of these same principles, but oh so little, I don't hear it enough...

So yes, we will be losing an income, am I scared, yeah, you bet - but I am not alone in this journey.

Thank you Ron for being there for me all of this time.

I am soooo looking forward to my new adventure!  How exciting!!





Comments

  1. Kelly, I know first hand it is hard to lose an income. When I decided to stay home it tooka huge hit to our finances. I still wonder some days how we manage to make it. Honestly, some days we don't. We might have to eat mac and cheese and hot dogs sometimes. But you know what? You will love being able to be home with your babies when they need you. I was never home with Alysia and there is so much that I missed out on. You don't realize it until you have it. I am truly blessed and thankful that Brian lets me stay home to take care of my kiddos. It would kill me if I had to go back to work. Stay strong and keep trusting God and it will all fall into place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth--that is exactly what I'm doing--there's a reason this happened and knowing that we will be 'ok' is re-assuring. Believe it or not, I totally look up to you in the SAHM department. I hope that I can keep keep it together and make my home one of peace, love and just fun (not all of the time--but ya know)

    It's going to be a long 3 months, but I soooo can't wait to spend the time with the kids and really plan out what I want to do with my life.

    Thank you for words of encouragement, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please can I keep this going?

2026.04.19 Sermon Notes: Why Is Jesus The Only Way?

Doing the Happy Dance!