I am listening...
So today, I heard a song "You are Everything" by Matthew West, which prompted me to go to his website because I loved the song so much. I read his Bio and he identifed with a quote from C.S. Lewis.
"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but SHOUTS in our pains.."
I remember thinking "I gotta write this down", but was frustrated because I couldn't copy and paste the quote from the website on my my Blackberry...and well didn't feel like grabbing a pen, so promised myself to Google it when I got to work in the morning.
As I was looking for my FireProof book, I stumbled across a book I received at church by Nicky Gumble, "Searching Issues"--I was reading about "Why Does God Allow Suffering"...and it was right there...
God works through suffering-and following THAT was the quote I so desperately wanted to remember.
Thank you Father for truly making that quote real for me.
I hear you LOUD and CLEAR! :-)
"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but SHOUTS in our pains.."
I remember thinking "I gotta write this down", but was frustrated because I couldn't copy and paste the quote from the website on my my Blackberry...and well didn't feel like grabbing a pen, so promised myself to Google it when I got to work in the morning.
As I was looking for my FireProof book, I stumbled across a book I received at church by Nicky Gumble, "Searching Issues"--I was reading about "Why Does God Allow Suffering"...and it was right there...
God works through suffering-and following THAT was the quote I so desperately wanted to remember.
Thank you Father for truly making that quote real for me.
I hear you LOUD and CLEAR! :-)
Comments
Post a Comment