Slider

Weekly Reflection 14.0 || Know Your Value

Friday, December 6, 2019



It's was Tuesday morning.  I have been so frustrated with my job lately - I have had so many "Don't they see" moments.  I work very hard, I rarely say 'no'. Why do I feel like they (management, my bosses) don't like me?

One of my bosses advised me to read the book "Know Your Value" by Mika Brzezinksi.  

At first, I was a little taken back with why is he giving me a self-help book.  I know MY value, I wanna know why they don't?  Then I started to read it.

A quote that stuck with me through out me reading it was:

"Women have been brought up on emotion.  Feeling loved by your bosses, doesn't mean you are 
being valued."

Yup, there it is--black and white.  Was I really concerned about being liked rather than being valued?

It's such a good book--since Tuesday, I stopped apologizing for things--yeah, totally stopped saying sorry for work things.

I mean, obviously I will apologize if the situation warrants it, but why should I be timid - I need to go for it.

She even advised to take  the same survey this week's questionnaire did to determine if you have a subconscious bias.  She pointed at the fact that in Norway, 40% of a company's board members bust be female.  One of the main reasons is that it has an impact on how much men do get paid.  We all know that women get $0.83 for every $1.00 (mothers make less than that!) a man makes (due to a 2016 survey).

Then I took this questionnaire---guess what?  I have a bias--men are leaders, women are supporters.  I really thought I would  it would be the other way around, however, Rome WAS NOT built in a day.  

I am definitely working on improving to ensure I do not have a bias.

With that, I'm also working on my confidence too!

Here are the results to my survey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

My Footprint

My Photo
United States
This is my little corner of the world - keeping things in order as I navigate through the craziness that is my BRAIN. I document everything so I don't forget it.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright