Weekly Reflection 4.0
Challenge Accepted
So remember my situation last week--about me being specific. Well we are still working through some things. We were able to complete the daunting task.
One thing I discovered--is this guy loves checklist(s). He thrives on list(s). He is competent, I know he is--his education says so. I needed to find what makes "him tick".
What I started this week is really work through how I can help him and me communicate better. I am not one to be a micro-manager--but guess what, that's exactly what this person needs.
I was able to create our department a Microsoft Teams channel with all of the tasks that we do as a department and I assign them to him and I. So far, this has been working beautifully. Next thing I do is have him copy me on every e-mail that way I know he is following up when he should. Again, I hate micro-managing, but this seems to work for both of us.
Earlier this week, I was ready to let him go for not completing a task timely which enabled us losing 3 employees. I went to my executive team and they said that I need to mentor him and he is a good challenge for me.
So now, not only, am I trying to get my department task(s) done---I'm trying to mentor someone.
Challenge Accepted.
This is my answer with regards to the Leadership Questionnaire for this week.
Comments
Post a Comment