Whose Truth Do I Align My Life With?

Now that I feel like I am somewhat caught up on my bible study, I get to start Week 2.

This week's verse is: Charm is Deceptive and Beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised--Proverbs 31:30.

I used to think 'fear' meant I had to be scared.  I learned today, it means 'respect'.  You have to have 'great' respect for the Lord.

In today's video, Nicki presented the question again:  "Whose truth do I align my life with?"

Ours or Gods?

Such a great question--a pressing question.

Today's video even convinced me to go home and take another picture of the other side of my office--my office is nice and I love it.  I love the fact my husband put it together for me.  I posted what I wanted people to see; not how the room actually looked.  Whose truth do you think I was going for when I posted to Facebook?  Yup, you got it?  Mine.  I was being selfish.  I wanted to brag.  "See what an awesome husband I have!"  "See my awesome home!"  There's a lot I haven't told you--but I will.  I will be very honest with you, my friend.

My home office--the side I want you to see.


Why are we always so concerned with what we want people to see,with what people think not with reality?  Why are not so concerned with our relationship with the Lord?  

Be on the lookout for the truth (and the picture). 

Comments

  1. Hi Kelly. I too am excited about you joining ODBC and being a part of the women's group. I am doing this study as well so we need to get together and discuss!!!! I am so looking forward to getting to know you better and maybe even hanging out a little. I worked at home (before retirement) for many years and know first hand the unique struggles and demands that come with it. You can do this girl!! Remember - you are not alone and your sisters from ODBC are just a click, call, away!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please can I keep this going?

2026.04.19 Sermon Notes: Why Is Jesus The Only Way?

Doing the Happy Dance!