Our Testimony
On Sunday, our Pastor asked for volunteers to write their testimony (200 words or less)--I wanted to raise my hand, but didn't (at first--I told the Pastor I would e-mail it, after the service). Well here it is. Short and sweet (kind of). There's so much more to this story, but here are the facts :-)
(and yes, I'm 142 words over the limit--this is hard!!!)
My husband and I both grew up without Christ in our lives. I grew up in a loving home, we knew of God, however, I didn't 'talk to Him' until years later.
My husband and I were married for about 4 years, when we decided to have children. We agreed our kids would grow up in the church--however, it wasn't something that happened overnight.
Our daughter was a little over a year old and I saw that Parents as Teachers was holding a play group at a church and decided to take her there to the playgroup. That church was so inviting, I even talked with the Pastor, he invited me to church that next Sunday. Bailey and I went and I remember attending the 9:30a service and singing songs that I had no idea what they were. I wanted to be like these people. My husband soon followed. We accepted Christ in our lives in our living room April 2004. Such a beautiful time in our lives. We were ON FIRE for Christ, couldn’t get enough of Him, things were going great.
Since then, my husband and I have enjoyed a loving ministry in which we ministered to our church youth. During that ministry, we stumbled a few times, ok A LOT. We felt we could 'survive on our own'. Did we?
We have been through so much in the past year, including contemplating divorce and even left the church after being relieved of our duties (via e-mail). We walked away from Christ, from our church. We came back a broken "Ron and Kelly". You see--one thing that we have realized this past year--people come and go, people judge--Christ is forever. Christ IS forever.
Will we ever be 'on fire' for Christ as we once were? We both hope so, but only He knows (Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope”.) Thank you Lord.
We know Christ has forgiven us. Have you?
(and yes, I'm 142 words over the limit--this is hard!!!)
My husband and I both grew up without Christ in our lives. I grew up in a loving home, we knew of God, however, I didn't 'talk to Him' until years later.
My husband and I were married for about 4 years, when we decided to have children. We agreed our kids would grow up in the church--however, it wasn't something that happened overnight.
Our daughter was a little over a year old and I saw that Parents as Teachers was holding a play group at a church and decided to take her there to the playgroup. That church was so inviting, I even talked with the Pastor, he invited me to church that next Sunday. Bailey and I went and I remember attending the 9:30a service and singing songs that I had no idea what they were. I wanted to be like these people. My husband soon followed. We accepted Christ in our lives in our living room April 2004. Such a beautiful time in our lives. We were ON FIRE for Christ, couldn’t get enough of Him, things were going great.
Since then, my husband and I have enjoyed a loving ministry in which we ministered to our church youth. During that ministry, we stumbled a few times, ok A LOT. We felt we could 'survive on our own'. Did we?
We have been through so much in the past year, including contemplating divorce and even left the church after being relieved of our duties (via e-mail). We walked away from Christ, from our church. We came back a broken "Ron and Kelly". You see--one thing that we have realized this past year--people come and go, people judge--Christ is forever. Christ IS forever.
Will we ever be 'on fire' for Christ as we once were? We both hope so, but only He knows (Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope”.) Thank you Lord.
We know Christ has forgiven us. Have you?
Thanks for sharing, I am guess that was hard to write.
ReplyDeleteGod is good, he will see you through :0) He will put loving people in your path once more to help you along.